Dedicated To Westbank And Beyond

Helping Workers Get Benefits For Almost Two Decades

If you suffer an injury while performing your work duties, you have the right to seek workers’ compensation benefits for your medical expenses and other damages, including vocational rehabilitation. Some employers or insurers, though, try to prevent you from recovering compensation or from filing a workers’ compensation claim at all.

At The Garbin Law Firm, LLC, you can work with an attorney determined to put the benefits you deserve into your hands. As a Louisiana native, Jacob Garbin cares about helping fellow community members like you. For close to 20 years, he has helped workers in a variety of industries advocate for their right to fair benefits. All attorney fees for claimants are governed by Louisiana statute.

Who Qualifies For Workers’ Compensation?

In Louisiana, employers who have at least one employee paid at least $3,000 per year must carry workers’ compensation insurance. This means that almost all workers qualify for workers’ compensation, including:

  • Minors under the age of 18
  • Part-time workers
  • Seasonal workers

If you have any doubts about whether you qualify for workers’ compensation, Jacob can determine whether you have grounds to file a claim. If you are a maritime worker, he can explore whether you qualify for benefits under the Jones Act or the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.

What If My Claim Is Denied?

Insurance companies often deny claims that are valid based on false assumptions, small errors in the application process or other insignificant reasons. Insurers are for-profit corporations whose goal is to make money, not pay injury victims. They often try to blame injuries on a preexisting condition, say that you waited too long to seek treatment or claim that the accident did not happen at the work site. Even if the insurer denies your claim, you have the right to file a dispute. Jacob can represent you in an appeal and fight tirelessly to seek the compensation you need.

Ask A Local Lawyer About Workers’ Compensation

After a workplace injury, you should not have to worry about paying your bills. Contact Jacob Garbin to learn more about your options for filing a workers’ compensation claim or appeal. Call his Gretna office at 504-217-5454 or send him an email to schedule a completely free initial consultation.